The Pepperdine University Bible Lectures collection includes paper materials (including programs, correspondence, and other
items) and audio recordings taken during Pepperdine Bible Lectures held in Los Angeles (beginning in 1943) and Malibu (beginning
The Pepperdine University Bible Lectures, coordinated by the Office of Church Relations, began in January 1943 and were modeled
after similar programs at Abilene Christian University, David Lipscomb University, and Harding University. Lectures have been
held annually in the spring since 1943 (with the exception of 1957). In addition to the spring lectures, summer lectures were
held from 1958 to 1967, but were discontinued after summer attendance began to decline. During the time of largest popularity
in the 1960s, the keynote speeches were held at the Shrine Auditorium and Los Angeles Sports Arena while the other programs
were still held at the Los Angeles campus. After the Pepperdine University campus in Malibu opened for the 1972-1973 school
year, the lectures were held for the first time in Malibu in 1973 and have been held in Malibu since then.
48.54 linear feet
Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.