Los Angeles Railway Corporation (LARy) operated local streetcar transit from 1895 - 1945. Distinguished from the father reaching
Pacific Electric Railway Company's streetcars by vehicle color, LARy was also known as the Yellow Cars of Los Angeles. During
its operation, LARy expanded service by merging with the Main Street & Agricultural Park Street Railroad. Henry E. Huntington
became owner of LARy in 1898, and the controlling interest remained part of the Huntington estate until 1945 when the Fitzgerald
Brothers purchased those shares. LARy became part of the National City Lines, was renamed the Los Angeles Transit Lines, and
eventually the streetcars were phased out, replaced by motor buses.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the Dorothy Payton Grey Transportation Library. Permission for reproduction
or publication is given on behalf of the Dorothy Payton Grey Transportation Library as the owner of the physical items. The
researcher assumes all responsibility for possible infringement that may arise from reproduction or publication of materials
from the Dorothy Payton Grey Transportation Library collections.