Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Register of the University of California, San Diego. Department of Music Program and Publicity Files RSS 1220
RSS 1220  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (54.48 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The files for the UCSD Department of Music include programs and publicity materials from 1966-2000. The materials document the performance history for the department and the collaborations with musicians and artists, both regionally and internationally.
Background
The University of California, San Diego Department of Music, internationally recognized as a premiere center for education and innovation in new music, was established in 1965. The first chair of the department was composer Will Ogdon, succeeded by John Silber in 1971. The first faculty appointed to the department included Robert Erickson, Thomas Nee, and Pauline Oliveros. The department was originally housed in the Camp Matthews buildings on the Muir College campus, until the Mandeville Center for the Performing Arts opened in 1975.
Extent
4.1 Linear feet (10 archives boxes and 1 oversize folder)