Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Finding Aid for the Plaza de la Guerra redevelopment scheme drawings, circa 1923-1925 0000275
0000275  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (52.20 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The Plaza de la Guerra redevelopment scheme drawings span 3 linear feet and date from circa 1923 to 1925. The collection consists of one folder containing three architectural drawings: a presentation drawing in the form of a reprographic copy, a preliminary sketch of the layout of the Plaza, and a plan and details of improvements to the plaza drawn by L. L. Pope and dated January 15, 1925. No architect’s name is listed on the drawings.
Background
This collection of drawings document proposed schemes for the Plaza de la Guerra redevelopment project during the 1920s. The Plaza de la Guerra located in Santa Barbara, California is a public square located in front of Casa de la Guerra. The Plaza was first established in 1853 and later restored beginning in September of 1921. The restoration effort was spearheaded by Santa Barbara businessman Bernard Hoffman whose vision for the plaza entailed creating a civic place around the Casa de la Guerra. The architect responsible for the proposed designs in this collection is unknown.
Extent
3.0 Linear feet (1 flat file folder)
Availability
Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.