The Henry Palmar Sabin papers span 23 linear feet and date from 1920 to 1955. The collection is primarily composed of architectural
drawings and reprographic copies, but also includes, black-and-white photographs and negatives, specifications, inspection
reports, contracts, handwritten notes, and correspondence, all organized by project.
Henry Palmar Sabin was born in Janesville, Wisconsin on November 1, 1892. He attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
starting in 1914 and graduated with his Bachelor’s degree in architecture in 1916. From 1918-1919 Sabin lived in Paris. Starting
in 1920 he began to work in Europe and South America with the architectural firm York & Sawyer until 1924, when Sabin moved
to Los Angeles. In Los Angeles, from 1924 to 1927 Sabin worked for Allied Architects and then for Reginald Johnson from 1927
to 1928. In 1928, Sabin formed his own firm, Palmer Sabin, Architect. Some of his more well known projects include: Earhart
Lab at Caltech, Pasadena Hall of Justice, Loma Alta Elementary School, and the Pasadena Art Institute. Henry Palmer Sabin
died in 1956.
23.0 Linear feet
(6 record storage boxes and 5 flat file drawers)