This collection contains papers of Santiago "Jim" Meza and the Campo Indian Reservation, including tribal administration and
welfare, Meza's homestead land disputes, and personal papers of Meza and family.
The Campo Indian Reservation is located on 15,000 acres in southeastern San Diego County. In 1893, the first portion of the
Campo Indian Reservation's territory was patented. The Campo Constitution was passed by the tribal community on July 13, 1975.
In 1974, there were 40 people recorded living in Campo Indian Reservation.
0.5 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.