A ledger and a journal from the Lake Tahoe Railway and Transportation Company.
The Lake Tahoe Railway & Transportation Company was incorporated in December 1898 by the Duane L. Bliss family. Two years
later the narrow gauge line began operation between Truckee and Tahoe City, California. The company operated both trains
and lake steamers. In 1925 the railroad was leased to the Southern Pacific and converted to standard gauge the following
year. It was sold outright to the Southern Pacific eight years later. The line was abandoned in 1943.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of
the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which
must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research.