Log book of the Meeting Minutes of the Evangelical Lutheran School Association of Los Angeles from 16 April, 1913 to 14 December,
1914. A dozen handwritten notes are inserted between blank pages of the Journal, some dated in 1916. Meetings were held at
St. John's Church, located at the corner of E. 2nd and Dacotah. The Reverend G.H. Smukal was pastor and kept the Minutes written
in this log book. The journal itself was sold to Rev. Smukal by Cunningham, Curtiss & Welch Co. Commercial Stationers & Booksellers,
252-254 South Spring Street, Los Angeles.
St. John’s Lutheran Church, was organized in 1906 at E. 2nd and Dacotah Los Angeles, California by the Rev. Gotthold H. Smukal,
Pastor. St. John’s Lutheran School, Los Angeles, California was established in 1913. Teachers were Jesse R. Stenske and Miss