Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
California State University, East Bay, University Libraries records
Consult repository  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (53.39 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
With physical library buildings on the Hayward Hills and Concord campuses as well as a robust online presence, the University Libraries support the teaching and research missions of the University’s students, faculty, and staff. The collection contains records of the beginnings of the library in 1957 with the founding of the university, construction of the library buildings, exhibits, library publications, reports, and committee minutes.
Background
The library’s inception coincided with the founding of the university in 1957 and the first library director was Floyd Erickson, for whom the Special Collections Room is named. In 1966, the Friends of the Library was established. The construction of a separate library building on the Hayward Hills campus occurred from 1966 to 1971. In 1972, the current library building opened its doors. The library on the Concord campus was dedicated in 1990. The University Libraries continue to serve university communities and general public through reference, instruction, and collection development work, along with providing exhibits which relate the University Libraries’ holdings to various local, national, and international events and commemorations.
Extent
24.15 cubic feet
Restrictions
Availability
Collection is open for research.