The San Francisco Maritime State Historic Park photographs and motion picture collection, 1956-1977 (SAFR 22247, P91-078)
consists of photographs and media created by San Francisco Maritime State Historic Park staff during the course of their work
from 1956-1977 and several postcards of the ships and facilities. The collection is described at the file unit level with
items listed, and is open for use without restriction.
The San Francisco Maritime State Historic Park was established in 1956 and existed under this name until 1977 when it became
the National Maritime Museum, part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. In 1988 the National Maritime Museum (sometimes
referred to as the Maritime Unit) became a separate national park called the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park,
the name it is still known by today.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.