These records consist of 115.15 linear feet, 91.25 boxes of records created during the planning, and execution of exhibitions
and, to a lesser extent, public programming (including the Film and Music Programs) at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
from 1973 through 2003. The records also include some materials related other public museum activities, such as film and music
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art was originally the Art Division of the Los Angeles County Museum of Science, History,
and Art which opened at Exposition Park near downtown Los Angeles in 1913. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art or LACMA officially
became an independent entity in 1961, and opened its own campus on Wilshire Blvd., about 7 miles northeast of the original
museum, in 1965.
121.45 Linear feet
Contact the Balch Research Library at 323-856-6118 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on publishing or reproducing materials
included in these records. Permission will be granted by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art as the owner of the physical
materials, and does not imply permission from the copyright holder. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all
necessary permissions from the copyright holder.
Open for use by qualified researchers and by appointment only through the Los Angeles County Museum of Art Balch Art Research
Library. Telephone 323-857-6118 or email email@example.com. Some materials may be of a personal or private nature as determined
by musem policy or the law and are not available for research.