Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
The Finding Aid for the Pepperdine University Libraries Records 0076
0076  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (119.45 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The collection contains materials produced by or about Pepperdine libraries between 1937 and 2013. The libraries represented are the George Pepperdine College Library (Los Angeles campus); Payson Library and the School of Law library (Malibu campus); and the Orange County Center library. Items include correspondence and memos, subject files, photographs, library newsletters, annual reports, and audiocassettes.
Background
When George Pepperdine College opened in the fall of 1937, there was no library building and no librarian. The registrar, J. Herman Campbell, purchased the initial order of books, which faculty chose by selecting titles from Charles Shaw's A List of Books for College Libraries. The basement of the President's home on campus served as a staging area for library book processing, and two rooms in the administration building served as the library for the first school year, 1937-1938.
Extent
6.88 linear feet (7 boxes)
Restrictions
Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Availability
Advance notice required for access.