Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Stanford University, Business Office, Cooper Medical College Correspondence SCM0057
SCM0057  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (52.66 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
Correspondence, financial statements, and reports relating to absorption of the Cooper Medical College and Lane Hospital, San Francisco, by Stanford University. Correspondents include Timothy Hopkins, David Starr Jordan, J. M. Stillman, and Ray Lyman Wilbur.
Background
In 1901 discussion of a union between Cooper Medical College, Lane Hospital and Stanford University began. Nothing came of the discussions until 1905 when President Jordan recommended to the trustees that Cooper be accepted on the condition that it be used for medical research. This was not entirely satisfactory to the Cooper faculty. In 1908, Stanford trustees adopted a transfer agreement. Classes at Cooper continued until all students then enrolled were graduated in 1912. In 1911, the building was restored for anatomy, pharmacology and bacteriology. Pharmacology moved into the building in 1913.
Extent
1.0 folder(s)