Papers of Tamalpais Press and its founder Roger
Levenson, dating from 1955-1994, including correspondence, job files, proofs
and related ephemera.
The Tamalpais Press, founded by Roger Levenson, was a fine printing
press located in Berkeley, California that was in operation from circa 1955
until 1976. Printing was done on an 1857 Albion handpress as well as a
seventeenth century press (both of which were donated to the Bancroft Library
at the University of California, Berkeley). The Tamalpais Press printed a wide
range of materials from books to event posters and programs to business cards
and invitations. The books printed by the press focused mostly on California
12 boxes (6.5 linear
Copyright has not been assigned to the William Andrews Clark Memorial
Library, UCLA. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts
must be submitted in writing to the Librarian. Permission for publication is
given on behalf of the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library as the owner of
the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the
copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Collection is open for research.