Records include minutes, correspondence, publications,
clippings, photographs, publicity, and rosters, some of which are arranged in
scrapbooks. Also included is a guest book from their 1983 anniversary and several videos
The Zeta Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega, a national community service fraternity, was
chartered at Stanford on May 19, 1928. It was a men's fraternity until 1973 when
Stanford admitted its first female member; admission of women became the national policy
in 1976. Recent activities have included participating in an Earth Day cleanup at Muir
Woods, serving soup kitchens, organizing the Trick-or-Treat canned food drive, and
helping build children's playgrounds.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University
Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is
given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission
must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
This collection is open for research.