Minutes of annual meetings, board of directors, and executive
committee meetings; financial records; and miscellaneous informational papers including
a history of the Friends of Music by Susan L. Dyer.
The Friends were officially organized in 1940 to promote musical education at Stanford
University by sponsoring concerts, lectures, and scholarships. Lou Henry Hoover and Mrs.
Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge played leading roles in its development.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University
Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is
given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission
must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
This collection is open for research.