This collection contains scrapbooks, minutes, treasurer's report and yearbooks of the club.
The Santa Cruz Woman's Club was organized in 1907 as the Saturday Afternoon Club. The founders were Mrs. M. Tanner Gushee,
Mrs. J.P. Twist, Mrs. W. H. Williamson, Mrs F. W. Swanton and Mrs. Ella Vivienne Noe Phillips. Mrs. Alexnder McLean served
as the first President from 1907-1909. The club became affiliated with the California Federation of Women's Clubs in March
1908 and with the national organization, the General Federation of Women's Clubs, in March 1912. The Santa Cruz Woman's Club
incorporated in 1954.
Property rights reside with the University of California. Literary rights are retained by the creators of the records and
their heirs. For permission to publish or to reproduce the material, please contact the Head of Special Collections and Archives.