Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Cuyamaca Club Records
MS-0098  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (54.20 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The collection includes photocopies of the Constitution, Articles of Incorporation, by-laws, and a biographical sketch of the chairman at the time of donation.
Background
Incorporated on April 25, 1887, the Cuyamaca Club is the oldest chartered private social club in California. Its original primary purpose was to accommodate the social needs of local businessmen. In 1908, the club was moved from its temporary quarters in the Bancroft Building located at Fifth and G Streets into the Land Title Building at Second Avenue and Broadway. The Cuyamaca Club opened its membership to women in 1923.
Extent
0.21 linear ft
Restrictions
The copyright interests in these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections is such that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine.  Requests for permission to publish must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
Availability
This collection is open for research.