Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Stanford University, Commission of Engineers, Records
SC0001  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (87.52 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
Records of the University's Commission of Engineers responsible for the reconstruction of Stanford University buildings after the 1906 earthquake. Includes correspondence, the Commission's daily journals, photographs, negatives, and estimates of repairs.
Background
The Commission of Engineers was charged with directing the restoration of the university's buildings after the earthquake of April 1906. The Commission, composed of Professors Charles D. Marx (civil engineering), Charles B. Wing (structural engineering), and William F. Durand (mechanical engineering), was appointed by the Board of Trustees in June 1906.The Commission of Engineers was charged with directing the restoration of the university's buildings after the earthquake of April 1906. The Commission, composed of Professors Charles D. Marx (civil engineering), Charles B. Wing (structural engineering), and William F. Durand (mechanical engineering), was appointed by the Board of Trustees in June 1906.
Extent
2.5 Linear feet
Restrictions
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Availability
This collection is open for research.