Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Finding Aid for the Myron Hunt & H. G. Chambers records, circa 1900-circa 1970 0000144
0000144  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (71.12 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The Myron Hunt & H. G. Chambers collection spans 33 linear feet and dates from circa 1900 to circa 1970. The collection is primarily composed of the work of Myron Hunt & H. G. Chambers but also includes the work of Hunt and Grey, Architects, Myron Hunt’s independent firm, as well as the work of Chambers and Hibbard. The work of these firms is documented through black-and-white photographs, negatives, newspaper and magazine clippings, correspondence, contracts, ephemera, presentation boards, architectural drawings and reprographic copies.
Background
Myron Hunt & H. G. Chambers, Architects was an architectural firm based in Los Angeles that was started by Myron Hunt with Harold G. Chambers in 1920. The two worked together for 27 years, until 1947, when the firm dissolved. Throughout the lifetime of their firm, Hunt and Chambers designed residential, civic, and commercial buildings. Some of their more notable projects include: the Henry E. Huntington residence in San Marino which is now the Huntington Library, the Flintridge Biltmore Hotel, and the Pasadena Public Library.
Extent
33.0 Linear feet (12 records storage boxes, 7 flat file drawers)
Availability
Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.