Collection pertains to statues on the Stanford campus: the griffins, or winged lions, a gift from Timothy Hopkins to the Stanford
Convalescent Home for Children in 1931, and the statue of a horse known as "Sherwood" given by Mrs. Timothy Hopkins to Stanford
in 1926 to mark the site of the horse cemetery at the Palo Alto Stock Farm. Included are clippings, images, articles, and
correspondence; some of the material on the griffins pertains to efforts in the 1970s to use the griffins as the university's
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
This collection is open for research.