The Old San Diego Architectural Board Records (1943-1974) document the planning, preservation, and development of Old Town State Historic Park. Highlights include the
review drafts for the overall design of Old Town, including landscaping, lighting, street furniture, and signs. The collection
consists of by-laws, correspondence, meeting minutes, photographs, maps, resolutions, reports, plans, ordinances, and newspaper
clippings, and primarily dates from 1968 to 1971. The collection is divided into alphabetically-filed series: Administrative Files and Photographs.
The City of San Diego established the Old San Diego Architectural Control Board in 1966 in order to preserve the historical
character and appearance of Old Town State Historic Park, particularly from the Mexican pueblo period and the American period,
dating from 1821 and 1871. The Board consisted of seven members appointed for two-year terms by the mayor with confirmation
by the San Diego City Council. It remained active until 1974.
The copyright interests in these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with
the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections
is such that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Requests for permission to publish must be
submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission
of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available
for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including
but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
This collection is open to research.