The collection consists of 35 copy negatives selected from three albums of photographic prints related to the Sea Scouts and
their activities in Aquatic Park, San Francisco including activities aboard Sea Scout Ship
Navigator and landscape features of Aquatic Park between 1938 and 1950.
The Sea Scouts is an Exploring Division of Boy Scouts of America, and the units are known as "Ships." They have been a presence
in San Francisco since the early 1920s where the program began operating out of the Marina Yacht Harbor. They moved to Aquatic
Park in 1942, initially to a small pier north of the current Base, and finally to it's current location in late 1945 or early
1946. The structure that is now the Base was built and occupied by the U.S Army during the Second World War. The original
San Francisco Sea Scout Ship # 120 depicted in many of the photographs was named Navigator (lifeboat: 30 ft.). The later photographs depict the replacement whaleboat acquired in 1949.
35 copy negatives.
The San Francisco Maritime NHP possesses physical property rights through ownership of the materials. However, copyright may
reside with the individual or corporate body responsible for the creation of the materials, or with their heirs. It is the
user's responsibility to respect the provisions of the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Permission to reproduce or publish from this collection must be secured by the user from the copyright holders.
This collection is open for use.