The School of the California Guild of Arts and Crafts was founded in 1907 by Frederick Meyer to provide an education for artists
and designers that would integrate both theory and practice in the arts. In 1936 the school was renamed the California College
of Arts and Crafts. Meyer remained president until his retirement in 1944. In 2003 the school was renamed California College
of the Arts. The CCAC Archives is the repository for: a) materials emanating from college, including academic and administrative
departments, satellite units, and student groups; b) materials about the college and its activities from other sources; and
c) materials about faculty and alumni, although the working papers of faculty and alumni are collected only selectively.
All requests for permission to publish materials must be submitted in writing to the college. Any permission for publication,
reproduction, or quotation is granted on behalf of the holding institution as the owner of the physical items and is not intended
to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the user.