The collection is comprised of business papers
(with equipment specifications and blueprints), newspaper and journal articles,
George H. Harris (1871-1934) lived in Stockton, California and worked
for Matteson and Williamson farm equipment company in the 1890s. By 1902 he was
superintendent and manager; that same year he started his own company, and in
1904 it was incorporated under the title Harris Manufacturing Company. George
Harris was president of the company until 1928, after which he remained major
stockholder until his death in 1934.
Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as
the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply
permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the
Collection open for research.