Constitution and bylaws, minutes, committee and treasurer's reports, membership records, financial records, topical files,
clippings, and newsletters of the neighborhood association founded in 1881 for Eureka Valley in San Francisco, also known
as the Castro district. Dates of coverage reflect two accessions, with earlier material spanning the years 1926-1957 and later
material from 1978-2008.
Founded in 1881, the Eureka Valley Promotion Association (EVPA) is purportedly the oldest continuously-active neighborhood
association in San Francisco. Its geographical area is defined by Dolores Street on the East, Twin Peaks to the West, 22nd
Street to the South, and Duboce Street to the North. Its members, consisting of merchants, home owners, and residents, advocate
for neighborhood livability and civic betterment by addressing issues such as zoning, transportation, city services, education,
community development, and neighborhood beautification.
(2.25 cubic ft.)
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the City Archivist. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the San Francisco Public Library as the owner of the physical items.