Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Resident Stanford Alumnae Association Records
SC0976  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (53.41 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
Records include two minute books, 1909-1933, also containing membership records and the constitution and by-laws; financial records, primarily pertaining to the tea fund, 1917-1928; letters from Helen Cubberley largely pertaining to the clubhouse, 1926-31; and miscellaneous articles, 1919-25.
Background
The object of the association, founded in 1909, was to promote the interests of Stanford women, both undergraduates and alumnae. Membership was open to women who had taken a degree at Stanford as well as former women students. The Association helped with fundraising for the Women's Clubhouse and after its opening, held weekly teas there, using the proceeds to complete the furnishings in the Clubhouse. In October 1932 the name was changed to the Peninsula Stanford Women's Club.
Extent
0.25 linear foot
Restrictions
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Availability
This collection is open for research.