This collection contains documents pertaining to the ownership of Rancho de la Nacion in the second half of the nineteenth
century. These include land petitions and grants, deeds, land surveys, mortgages, property taxes, and maps.
Leading up to the nineteenth century, the area that was to make up Rancho de la Nacion was used by the Spanish as cattle grazing
lands. The Spanish had called it Rancho del Rey. In 1821, when the Mexican government secured independence from Spain, the
name of the area was changed to Rancho de la Nacion.
0.25 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.