Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
A guide to the Ukiah (built 1890; ferry) inspection records, 1911-1912
HDC0011 (SAFR 13556)  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (53.71 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
This collection, the UKIAH (built 1890; ferry) inspection records (SAFR 13556, HDC 11), consists of ten inspection documents for the UKIAH dated 1911 to 1912.
Background
Vessel History: The UKIAH was built in 1890, one of the wooden hulled side wheel paddle steamers that served San Francisco bay. The UKIAH was rebuilt as EUREKA in 1922, and served on the Sausalito-San Francisco commuter run until 1941. She could hold 2,300 passengers and 120 automobiles. As the EUREKA, the vessel's structure was extensively restored in 1994, and the superstructure was restored in 1999. She is one of the ships at the Hyde Street Pier, San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park.
Extent
10 items
Restrictions
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Availability
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.