Ayres & Fiege was a prolific Los Angeles architectural firm founded in 1946 by Donald Ayres and Herbert F. Fiege. The collection
consists of the firm's architectural drawings, plans, and specifications from school, church, commercial and residential projects.
Donald Ayres (1904-) was born in Wilton Junction, Iowa and received his Bachelors and Masters degrees from the University
of Illinois. He was a fellow of the Ecole de Beaux Arts in Paris in 1932, and a Carnegie scholar at Harvard University during
the summers of 1935 and 1936. In 1946 he founded the architectural firm of Ayres & Fiege with his business partner, Herbert
F. Fiege. The firm designed many buildings for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, in addition to a large number of public and
private schools, commercial buildings, and residential developments in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles metropolitan
area. Their residential work included apartment complexes, private homes, additions and renovations to existing structures,
and model and tract home designs for developers and private clients.
242 map folders
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library,
Department of Special Collections. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of
the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the
copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC
Regents do not hold the copyright.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections Reference Desk for paging information.