Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the East San Diego Chamber of Commerce Records
MS-0104  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (61.32 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
This collection consists of by-laws, office memos and announcements, membership rosters and directories, news clippings, correspondence, minutes, financial records, and miscellany.  It is divided into three series: Office Records, Minutes, and Financial Records.
Background
The East San Diego Chamber of Commerce was first established on December 31, 1912, to " . . . advertise the resources and advantages of East San Diego, health, business, altitude, even climate; to unite and maintain close relations with San Diego Chamber of Commerce and work in conjunction therewith." The last recorded meeting of this body was February 25, 1915. A new body was organized on March 11, 1925 after the annexation of the city of East San Diego to the city of San Diego, resulting in the current neighborhood called City Heights. This body was called the East San Diego Civic League, and met until April 25, 1927. Its purpose was to "further the improvement of the eastern section of the city and surrounding localities." A new organization under the name of East San Diego Chamber of Commerce began meeting in 1933 to promote "commercial and civic welfare in the northeastern section of the city of San Diego." This body was active until 1963.
Extent
1.25 linear ft
Restrictions
The copyright interests in some of these materials have been transferred to or belong to San Diego State University. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections means that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. Requests for permission to publish must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish.  Materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
Availability
This collection is open for research.