Records include correspondence of William O. Jones and others,
1960s-80s; grant files; departmental files, 1920s-70s; funding records; photographs; and
other materials, including two passports of Alonzo E. Taylor, 1916-17.
The Food Research Institute at Stanford was founded in 1921 for the study of worldwide
problems of food supply, distribution, and consumption. William O. Jones was its
executive secretary from 1955 to 1962 and became the Director in 1964. The Institute was
closed in June 1998.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University
Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is
given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission
must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
Access: personnel files are not available to researchers.