Index 1a serves as an alphabetical index for records of where the deceased were buried. It is not clear which book the index
pertains to, and the cover is missing. Date range is 1868 -1873. There are 11 pages at the end of Chinese burials.
Laurel Hill Cemetery - formerly Lone Mountain Cemetery which opened January 28, 1854 - was one of the major cemeteries in
San Francisco. It was bounded by the current Calfornia, Geary, Parker and Presidio avenues and renamed Laurel Hill Cemetery
in 1867. Bodies were moved to Cypress Lawn Cemetery, San Mateo County in the early part of the 20th century. Many of the
old tombstones were used in the seawall in San Francisco's marina district.
1 ledger (100 pages)
18 inches x 11 inches
Property rights reside with The Society of California Pioneers. All requests for permission to reproduce or publish must be
submitted in writing to the Librarian.