Files include "A History of the Lee Emerson Bassett Toastmasters
Club" by Shahid Mutjaba and Dianne Goldbach, 1980; the weekly bulletin "The Orator"
1974-1980, which includes minutes of their meetings; and VHS tapes of meetings from
The club was first organized in 1934 by Dr. Virgil Anderson and officially chartered by
the Toastmasters International in May 1935. Lee Emerson Bassett became the instructor of
the club soon after it was chartered and was involved until his death in 1959. The club
was renamed the Emerson Lee Bassett Toastmasters Club in his honor..
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University
Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is
given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission
must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
This collection is open for research.