Documents the administrative functions of the Medical Center and its predecessors, the Baby Hospital Association and the Children's
Hospital Association of the East Bay. Included are Board and committee minutes, financial records and planning documents.
The Baby Hospital Association (organized September 1912) and the Baby Hospital Association of Alameda County (organized September
1913), predecessors to The Children's Hospital of the East Bay were founded by a group of women interested in providing medical
care for babies and young children whose parents or guardians were able to pay little or nothing. The hospital, located at
Fifty-first and Dover Streets in Oakland, California was dedicated on September 16, 1914. In addition to caring for sick babies
and children in its hospital, the Association maintained outpatient clinics for both sick and well children, and provided
maternity and visiting nurse care as a service to the community. Now the Children's Hospital Medical Center, the hospital
has been in operation for nearly a century.
Number of containers: 16 v., 4 boxes, 3 cartons, and 1 oversize folder
Linear feet: 8.7
Copyright has been assigned to The Bancroft Library. Materials in these collections are protected by the U.S. Copyright Law
(Title 17, U.S.C.) and may not be used without permission of The Bancroft Library. Use may be restricted by terms of University
of California gift or purchase agreements, privacy and publicity rights, licensing terms, and trademarks. All requests to
reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Public Services,
The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley 94720-6000. See: http://bancroft.berkeley.edu/reference/permissions.html.
Collection is open for research.