The League of Women Voters, San Jose/Santa Clara Chapter Records, 1945-2011 consist of administrative records, political studies
and action materials, which include subject specific legislation, government records, voter and election data and reports,
as well as convention and meeting records from other chapters and the National organization. The records in this collection
date from 1945-2011, with the bulk dating from 1969-1990.
The League of Women Voters of San Jose/Santa Clara Chapter (LWVSJSC) was established in 1945 in San Jose, and became known
as the League of Women Voters of Central Santa Clara Valley. The original chapter was founded in the same year of the twenty-fifth
anniversary of the foundation of the national organization. The chapter soon expanded beyond San Jose and became known as
the League of Women Voters of Central Santa Clara Valley, which included San Jose, Santa Clara, Cupertino, and Sunnyvale.
In 1973 the chapter split, which led to the formation of the LWVSJSC and the Cupertino/Sunnyvale chapter. The LWVSJSC is one
of five local League Chapters in Santa Clara County, that include Curpertino/Sunnyvale, Los Altos-Mountain View, Southwest
Valley, and Palo Alto. The LWVSJSC is affiliated with the LWV of Santa Clara County, the LWV of the Bay Area, the LWV of California,
and the LWV of the U.S.
5.25 Linear feet,
Copyright has been assigned to the San Jose State University Library Special Collections & Archives. All requests for permission
to publish or quote manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Copyright restrictions
also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files from or derived from these collections
is restricted to research and educational purposes.
The collection is open for research.