Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Register of the Clara Barton Hospital School of Nursing Collection, 1910-1989
91  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (56.24 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The collection consists of correspondence and printed materials concerning the CBH Alumnae Association, photographs of the CBH nursing school graduates and alumnae, yearbooks from the CBH nursing school, and historical ephemera and clippings concerning the history of the various Los Angeles County hospitals that existed at the same time as CBH and the people associated with it.
Background
The Clara Barton Hospital (CBH), founded in 1903, was one of the oldest in Los Angeles. Located at the corner of Pico and Hope Streets, it began with a capacity of thirteen beds. A training school for nurses was established at the same time. Between the years 1910 and 1975, after a series of additions, relocations, and mergings, the school existed under the name of the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. The following chronology details the history of the nursing school and its relationships with various other institutions.
Restrictions
Information on permission to reproduce, publish or quote is available from the repository.
Availability
Collection is open for research.