The Ernest Coxhead collection consists of photographs and drawings of residences designed by Coxhead and Coxhead, photographs
of the A.E.F. School of Architecture in LeMans (circa 1919), and miscellaneous clippings of images and poetry. Coxhead's personal
papers, professional papers, and a few project photos were donted to the archives in 1983, but the majority of project-related
records were acquired separately by various donors.
Ernest Albert Coxhead was born in Eastbourne, England in 1863. He received his architectural training at the Royal Academy
and Architectural Association in London. In 1886, Coxhead moved with his brother Almeric to Los Angeles, where the two began
their archtitecture practice. Four years later they moved to San Francisco, where they remained until retirement.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from materials in the collection should be discussed with the
Collection is open for research.