Highway District VI, formed in 1911, originally included Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, Mono, and Inyo Counties.
Two major district boundary changes occurred, one in 1924, with the transfer of Mono and Inyo Counties to District IX, and
in 1933, with the transfer of Mariposa and Merced to District X. (See District IX and District X finding aids for records
of Mono, Inyo, Mariposa, and Merced Counties). District headquarters, under the direction of a District Engineer, was located
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the California State Archives. Permission for reproduction or publication
is given on behalf of the California State Archives as the owner of the physical items. The researcher assumes all responsibility
for possible infringement which may arise from reproduction or publication of materials from the California State Archives