Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Pioneer Reduction Works Records, 1898-1926
645-660  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (54.19 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
Correspondence, receipts, accounts.
Background
Pioneer Reduction Works was established Dec. 8, 1858. In 1888, it had two roasting furnaces for ore as well as facilities for leaching gold and silver. Five men were employed by the owner, Mr. Maltman. From 1892 to 1926, when it ceased operations the works was owned by Benjamin Hall, who purchased it from Mr. Maltman.
Restrictions
Please credit California State Library.
Availability
Unrestricted.