The records of the John W. Geary School PTA begin in April 1930. Included are correspondence, minutes, flyers, programs, newsletters,
and scrapbooks. The most revealing and complete materials from the early days of the school are the publicity scrapbooks which
were, for the most part, meticulously kept. During and after World War II, the record-keeping became more fragmentary, and
there are no records after 1974.
The John W. Geary School, a small elementary school (200-300 students) located on Cook and Geary Streets in San Francisco,
opened on March 31, 1930. It was named for the last Alcalde of San Francisco, who was also the City's first mayor.
Copyright has not been assigned to The North Baker Research Library. All requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing
to the Library Director. Permission for publication is given on behalf
of The North Baker Research Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended
to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be
obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research by appointment only.