The Santa Clara University Map Collection consists of 41 maps, drawings,
surveys, and site plans of Santa Clara University. The maps in the collection
range in date from 1854 to 1982, and include items prepared by public works
officials, professional architects and surveyors for University planning purposes,
engineering students for class assignments, and local historians for historical
Santa Clara University, founded in 1851 by the Society of Jesus as Santa Clara College, is
California's oldest institution of higher learning. It was established on the site of the
Mission Santa Clara de Asis, the eighth of the original 21 California missions.
Permission to copy or publish any portion of the Archives' materials must be given
by the University Archivist.
Santa Clara University permits public access to its archives within the context of
respect for individual privacy, administrative confidentiality, and the integrity of the
records. It reserves the right to close all or any portion of its records to researchers.