Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Conservation Associates Records, ca. 1959-1979
BANC MSS 73/184 c  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (97.65 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Collection Summary
  • Information for Researchers
  • Scope and Content

  • Collection Summary

    Collection Title: Conservation Associates Records,
    Date (inclusive): ca. 1959-1979
    Collection Number: BANC MSS 73/184 c
    Creator: Conservation Associates (San Francisco, Calif)
    Extent: Number of containers: 3 cartons
    Repository: The Bancroft Library
    Berkeley, California 94720-6000
    Physical Location: For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
    Abstract: Includes correspondence, memoranda, reports and promotional literature concerning Redwood National Park, Point Reyes National Park and the Rancho Montana de Oro.
    Languages Represented: English

    Information for Researchers

    Access

    Collection is open for research.

    Publication Rights

    Copyright has not been assigned to The Bancroft Library. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Public Services. Permission for publication is given on behalf of The Bancroft Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.

    Preferred Citation

    [Identification of item], Conservation Associates Records, BANC MSS 73/184 c, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley.

    Scope and Content

    Conservation Associates, a San Francisco-based organization, worked closely with other conservation-oriented groups such as the Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy and Trustees for Conservation, ca. 1959 to 1972, particularly in efforts to save Point Reyes and to establish a national redwood park. The records, which were given to The Bancroft Library on May 11, 1973 by Conservation Associates, include correspondence with the Sierra Club and other conservation groups, with legislators and state and federal agencies; reports; memoranda; legislation and legal documents; press releases and clippings; promotional brochures and maps. The subject approach to the records as instituted by the organization has been retained, with material arranged chronologically within each folder. A partial list of correspondents is appended.