Clippings, printed matter, pamphlets, reports, indices, notes, bulletins, lettergrams,
weekly letters, and photographs, relating to pacifist, communist, fascist, and other
radical movements, and to political developments in the United States and the Soviet
The National Republic (subtitle, "magazine of fundamental Americanism")
was published by the National Republic Publishing Co. in Washington, D.C. It was
established in March 1905 and ceased publication with v. 47, no. 11 in March 1960. Until
March 1925 it was published under the title National Republican. The
magazine, an illustrated monthly, focused on political affairs in the United States,
particularly with regard to internal security and communist activities. By the time it
ceased publication in 1960, it had achieved a circulation of about 20,000.
735 microfilm reels, 76 manuscript boxes, 1 oversize box, 4 card file cabinets, 4 phonorecords (143 linear feet)
For copyright status, please contact the Hoover Institution Archives
Collection is open for research, except for card file cabinets, which are closed.